Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Waiters Club

After an AGDA student council meeting tonight, I caught up with my mum and sister in the city and I thought we'd check out The Waiters' Club in Meyers Place.

I'd read reviews and been meaning to get there for a while and now I've been, I'll be back again soon.
It's no nonsense, no fancy presentation, no micro-herbs, no hyper-designed interior, just formica tables, paper napkins and hearty, traditional Italian fare.

I had the roast veal, which was served in a perfectly seasoned rosemary gravy. Served with steamed carrots and broccoli, a potato and corn, it looked like something my grandma would serve up but tasted like something my grandma would serve up if she was from the north of Italy.

My mum and sister's meals were equally as palatable, with the veal saltimbocca being a winner in my books.

Finally, to top it all off, it's very affordable, has a fantastic atmosphere and is tucked away enough to avoid the throngs in the street.

Oh, the creme caramel is also pretty awesome. Hence me now feeling very sated and laying around slothfully.

No comments: